View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #10
FUHRIUS

answers...

first off, thanks for the kind comments folks.

Lux, I know what you mean...but call me strange...I actually like the black bumperettes. It just feels kinda traditional. I do like the cars with the matching ones as well.
And those seal grey 5-spokes would like killer on any car...I was looking for those as well and would have bought them if I could find any...I called al the porsche parts places and no one could come up with a set. You can get a set of regular 5 spokes and have them painted yourself at just about any body shop or wheel shop.

Perfectlap, on the badge stuff...removal as easy. I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue underthe badge and then ran some dental floss under the badge to get it off. the rest of the glue just lifter off and didn't leave and residual at all. the black 'S' already had glue on it, so it was easy to install. I bought it from bumperplugs.com...where I also picked up some bumper plugs. I believe he gets factory silver badges and paints them. I was actually looking for a matte black one but he could only do them in glossy.

To that end, I was hoping to find some wheels in a matte black or dark anno color (like some kinesis k58's in dark anno)...the problem was that the kinesis were just too much buck (like $4,500 for a set) vs the $2k I paid for these. the glossy black cann be a little overpowering, as it's 'darker' than the black on my top. I'm still really pleased with the way it turned out though...and I think those carrera wheels are about as good as it gets in terms of lightweight-but-still-strong-to-dollar ratio. BTW, I weighed these wheels (unscientifically by holding one and standing on my bathroom scale...then just me on the scale)...one thing's for sure, I'm getting fatter, but that's beside the point. The wheels came in slightly under 20lbs for fronts and around 23lbs for rears. not bad.