View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #18
jvmoney

tracke30m3 - how did your car search go? I would recommend waiting until you find one exactly or as close as you can to your liking. Dont limit yourself to just your local area either. I originally was going to buy a 99 base boxster just bc I fell in love with it during the first test drive for about $16,500, but things fell through (Thankfully).

I'm glad I didn't rush it bc I ended up test driving about 5 more and ended up buying an immaculate 02 "S" this past March with a lot more options (xenons, color, rear speaker/bose set up, heated seats, 18in sport classic II wheels, etc) for $21,900. It did have higher miles (61K), but was driven regularly by an older gentleman who traded it in for a new 911, so it had all its service records. I had a friend get a PPI on it just in case, and once confirmed clean, flew to Boston to pick it up. I'm sure you don't need the power, but getting the S does give you some nice added features like the white dials, 6 gears, nicer brakes, etc. These and the other options I mentioned have been upgraded by other people on their own which can definitely add up. You are doing the right thing by asking this board, I've learned so much lurking here and I'm so glad to officially be part of the club!

Good Luck on your search and do keep us posted!

'00 Blue Yamaha YZF600R
jvmoney is offline   Reply With Quote