View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #8
aglsteven

Hmmm, I've read through the trail, so let me try and bring some clarity to the original question.

Pull out the light switch to the first stop, and the front fog lights come on only. Pull it out to the second stop and the front and rear fog lights come on.

The first switch position on the headlight switch turns on all parking lights. To turn on side parking lights, you move the indicator switch to the direction of the middle of the road, before turning the engine and lights off. Only the road side headlight parking and rear light will be on. My VW Passat works in the same way.

European cars are required by law to have one fog light at the back. In the UK, cars are permitted to have two rear lights, but in Germany only one is permitted (to ensure that you don't get confused with brake lights).

It all depends on how serious law enforcement is, as to when you should/can use them. For example, I was stopped by the police in London for driving with my front fog lights on. In Australia people put them on in town, 'cos they think it looks cool.

I find it really annoying when people drive around with the rear light on. Usually they have accidently pulled the switch or put it on in the morning and have forgotten all about it.

Local Australian cars have no fog lights (which is strange, because the thickest fog I have ever encountered has been right here in Oz.

Hope that clarifies it
aglsteven is offline   Reply With Quote