View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 AM   #19
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Y
I probably drive my Boxster even less than you plan to normally since I don't drive to work. When I drive it, I am very frequently in Westchester (I keep it there) and I feel there is no shortage of terrible roads there...but as I said, I recognize alot of this is tolerance dependent, so you may differ. But huge wheels on a convertible, bad roads and very little tire sidewall, well, all that impact energy is going to be transferred somewhere if it isn't being absorbed by tires or a compliant suspension - namely the body of the car, as well as the occupant. Was your M3 a coupe or a convertible? Anyway, good luck. If you decide you want that car, you could always ask them to put 17s or 18s on it and save yourself some $$, too. Probably about the only place I will miss the 18s will be on the Tail of the Dragon, but I suspect it's going to be a lot of fun in the Box even on 'puny' 17s, based on prior experience

John, the Dragon ROCKS! I am still going through withdrawl from the 6 runs I made in early May. I need another fix!