View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #12
John Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Steven
Hi all,

My local dealer has a 2006 Boxster with 80 miles on it with a price tag of $44K. The original sticker is $55K

It's a base Boxster, 5 speed with 19" wheels, Bose, HIDs, and a few other options. They are advertising it as new, but I think it might have been a demo car. Even so, 80 miles doesn't seem like much to worry about.

Is $44K a fair price for the car?
I second the comment by Perfectlap about wheel size. If you are in NYC, as I am, I suggest you not go larger than 18s. NYC area roads? On 19 in. wheels?? On a convertible??? ouch, can you say crashing, bashing, and torsional flexing...I guess tolerance for that stuff can vary, but I find my 17s give a modicum of comfort, plenty of grip, and I actually like the way they look, especially at the rear - they are slightly different from the front. The base car, especially the 06 which doesn't benefit from Variocam Plus, isn't blessed with a superabundance of torque, which was another reason for me to go with the standard size. As for the price, I agree, it's probably just OK. I'm in your area and I factory-ordered my 07 - it listed for just over 50K, and I paid 46 before tax.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote