View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
New Exhaust,Che,delubozparts,Top Speed

So I bought an exhaust from Che(forum sponsor). After alot of questions & price matching I thought Che would back his product if anything went wrong,which is why I choose him over several other vendors. Here is a review;

-THIS THING IS LOUD AND THROATY! NOT FOR THE WEAK HEARTED! It sounds pretty darn sweet from 3krpm+. There is resonance from 2k-3krpm, it's unavoidable but bearable. I've been in my friends Camaro w/ 'flows' and it's not as bad as that when your cruising on the freeway,but you can still tell it's there.

-It weights half as much as the stock one or at least darn close. I had to use two hands to safely carry the OEM muffler,Che's I could handle with one hand.

-The OEM muffler mounts at
--Top tranny bracket
--Lower tranny bracket
--Left & Right Catalytic Converter
--Left & Right 'u' pipe,it connects the cats to the muffler

-Che's muffler mounts at
--Left & Right 'u' pipe
--Top of tranny bracket

*Even though it uses half the mounts I wouldn't doubt it,the exhaust is a lot lighter and the top tranny bracket consist of two bolts & nuts which alone could hold up the exhaust if needed(don't know how safe it is).

-All 97-99' owners need to drill two holes. Each whole needs to drilled 1.5"s inwards from the center of the original holes.

I don't know if Che did it as a mistake or not but he sent me the exhaust with the colored tips(cost more). Originally I thought that it would look stupid but somehow,someway it looks nice with my Zenith Blue Boxster(will post pics).

All in all I like the exhaust. I hope I don't get pulled over though,it kinda draws attention. I will keep everyone informed if any issues arise.

Pics will come when there is light outside.

Does anyone know if new exhaust have a break-in period?

Last edited by blinkwatt; 07-31-2007 at 11:08 PM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote