Thread: Ebay Scammers
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #12
Subanez

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
I sent the email too, it was pretty funny. The car is in Italy...here's the gist of the email I got, maybe you got something different, Brucelee!

"Hello,
The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.
I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you have good taste about cars!This car was never crushed, droped or raced,no scathches,no dents and also it has a clear title. I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it - even better!
The price is $ 15,000 including shipping to your home address.
Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome,Italy and it will take no more then 4 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location.I am in the Military and Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes,I will pay for the shipping fees.I will arrange for you not to pay any dutyes when the car will pass through customs.In this way the car can be delivered to your home address.
Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade and I have a Purchase Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.If you did not hear about Square Trade here are their terms:
1) If you will not receive the car not as advertised,Square Trade will refund you the whole amount which you paid me(100 %).In case that you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money back from my account.
2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not provide me the details of the payment.You will provide the details to Square Trade.They will verify the payment and if is ok,and the money are availble under my name they will notify me to procede with the shipping.After you receive and see that the car is the one you want,you just notify Square Trade to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.
Let me know if this is ok with you,so that we can go forward with this deal!About the payment Square Trade will manage in my place the financial details.
Regardes!
p.s. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my baby I need your full name and shipping address in order to contact Square Trade to start the deal. "

Jeeze, for 15K I could turn around and make a pretty decent profit...

-Kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote