View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #16
rdancd816

I recently had an opportunity to participate in a "Porsche Driving Experience". The day incorporated autocross, high speed slalom, and accident avoidence driving. All the cars involved where brand new mid-engined Cayman's and Boxters. I drive an old '97 Boxster and for comparison purposes I found the handling of the Cayman slightly preferable to the Box. More power, more rigid and stable in the autocross and very well appointed for fit and finish. The new Boxsters were really not all that different from mine except for the added HP and upgraded interiors. I fell in love with the Cayman's sound, storage space, and overall appeal. I don't think I would call it a "hardtop" Boxster. It's a much different car. My P car is an everyday driver and the Cayman is much more practical for that than a 911. I have driven a lot of different Porshe's up to GT2's and turbos. For the money I would prefer a Cayman overall. But I am a ragtop guy and will stay with Boxsters! But I must add that my impression of the Cayman was...WOW!