View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
one person's noise is another person's music.

acoustically speaking, The CaymanS is a throw back to the older Porsches. I think Porsche did a great job with that. what you are forgetting is that the CaymanS is a full on Sports car. not a Sporty-like car like a G35 etc.
Not many people consider such a raw/pure car for daily driving. That's why they buy over engineered, neutered, ultra quiet, Mark Levinson stereo-equipped Lexus cars or they buy a Cayenne.
I haven't forgotten anything at all! Don't know if you recall, but my OTHER Porsche is a 1969 911! It's loud and raw!

The Cayman would make an EXCELLENT track car, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! It' handles AWESOMELY! (And I only got to take a few turns with it)

The road noise would just make daily driving and long distance trips harder on the driver.

So I'd say GREAT for a track car, NOT-SO-MUCH for a daily driver.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote