View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #16
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
That's what I thought too. I marked the poistion of the cables and followed the instructions to a T though. I even took it out and reinstalled it just to be sure and played around with the cable position to see if I could get a better shift feel. No luck. I sold it on here a couple months back. I wish I could get a shorter more positive shift throw without the excessive stiffness/notchiness. I think my stock shifter is actually more notchy than it should be. I drove a 02 S a few years ago and it felt way smoother than my 03 shifter. Maybe I should take it to the dealership while it's still under warranty and let them play around with it?
It supposed to be notchy, have you ever seen the inside camera view of the GT Cup races. The guys using short shifters in those races only move thier rist. The B&M is made to FEEL the same responsiveness. If you did not like it, you should buy the Schnell. I heard it does not have the "Notchy" feeling to it. I love my B&M and the way it clicks into place. That's how a real race car shifts.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote