View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #6
JCL12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracke30m3
Hi,

I'm about to buy a 00' or 01' Boxster, looking for something with about 30 to 60,000 miles. An "S" is not necessary but if I can find one at a great price then I'll go for it. Stock would be fine, but if I can find one with some nice basic mods then that would be better.

I'm located in Los Angeles, what would be a realistic price for one?

I'm thinking about $18,000 to $20,000?

Any shops you guys can recommend for a PPI in Culver City area?

Follow up question, for more or less the same price, would you rather buy a stock car with 30 to 40K miles or one with alot of very nice mods but with 60K+ miles?

Thanks.
MY comments on pricing - see what the edmunds TMV is and then try to undercut that price by as much as possible. 18-20k is realisitic, especially if you buy from a private seller. In fact, if you were to get an '00 with 60K miles on it (and it was not well loaded) I would certainly not pay 18,000 for it.

As for the S vs non-S, what is your driving style and desire? I personally do not care about speed/power as much as most guys and I just wanted to have a porsche. As a result, I decided to save money (and gas) and get a non-S. If acceleration is important, a regular box probably will not cut it for you.

Lastly, I would prefer a 30-40k boxster (unloaded) over a decked out 60K+. One thing you really need - sound system upgrade. Look for a bose sound system one, or make mods yourself. My stock 2-speaker sound system is a disgrace.
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote