View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 AM   #8
spark00

I guess my experience was somewhat similar to Ultimate1. I looked at Carmax Boxsters online and they were much more expensive than at other non-Porsche dealerships. I did cars.com search and found mine at Volvo dealership for a great price and I was able to deal it down pretty good. The dealership said the Box was traded in by a couple who's expecting a baby for a SUV back in January. I went in at March and the manager wanted to get the car out of the dealership since it's been in the lot for few months(I guess Box is not a popular car in DC winter).

Ultimate1 got much better deal on warranty than me though. I paid $3,000 for 2 year/24000 miles bumper to bumper coverage but not including wear. I did the PPI after I purchased it (stupid I know, but I had to have the Box after the first test drive) and found RMS had slow leak, clutch needed replacement, and MAF sensor went bad which were covered by warranty and cost $3,200. Buying that warranty was worth every penny.

Should I expect another Boxster owner with DC tag sometime soon? Good luck with finding right Porsche for you.
spark00 is offline   Reply With Quote