View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
ultimate1

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
Carmax will usually have high retail markup on its price and the Porsche dealership will have a little more of a premium in terms price. I bought by Porsche from a Jeep dealership last year. I found my car at cars.com and I called them up to inquire about the car. I bought my car for $19,000 and the full retail price on that car would have been close to $24,000. What I learned is that the car was traded in for a Jeep by a young couple. I asked why so low a price with the car beingin excellent shape and with only 46000 mile on it. The sales rep told me that when they get a car that they don't normally service or sell that they usually mark it up by about a $1000 or so. The dealership would rather unload it than have the added expense of sending it to auction. They also let me take the car to Porsche to get an inspection done. I also looked at Carmax and the same car with similar mileage was priced at $23000. I also got a great warranty from carchex.com for 3 years/ 36000 miles with wear and tear and seals and gaskets. I have used the warranty for a right rear wheel bearing, 2 oxygen sensors, and ignition switch with no problem. The warranty cost me $2700 so all in all I spent $21700. The car at Carmax would have also been without an extended waranty. Plus I got Zenith Metallic Blue versus the red one at Carmax.

So my suggestion is to look at Mercedes, Lexus, Jeep, Infiniti, BMW, and Acura dealerships as well ass private sellers for a steal.

Last edited by ultimate1; 07-15-2007 at 08:13 PM.
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote