View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #15
pteam

90% of my cars have been stick. I actually perfer the tiptronic or even more the F1 trans in the ferraris. I wanted E-gear in my lambo but couldnt find one at the time.

you can just floor it at a stop light
don't worry about feathering the clutch, or dumping the clutch too much and wearing it out to much
dont worry about missing a shift
dont worry about shifting at redling it will do it for you, right at redline
dont worry about shifting a half second too late and hitting the rev limiter
if you do talk on a cell phone , its one less thing to do while driving (shifting)

Honestly my starts from a stoplight are faster with tiptronic or F1. I will not drop clutch launch an expensive car. I don't floor it in my lambo until its into gear clutch released. With an F1/tip you don't have to worry about that, just floor it, dont ever worry in the back of your mind you might fry the clutch. Plus you can let your girlfriend/wife/whoever drive it if you choose to let them.

Also remember newer versions of F1 and E-gear shift faster than a race car driver 100-150 milliseconds, even if you can shift somewhat close to that fast, will you mess up 1 out of 50 times? Can you shift it that fast everytime?

Also the new 911 turbo is FASTER as a tiptronic by .2 seconds I belive 0-60 because the new tip shifts so fast the turbos stay spooled up. Even motor trend professional testers could not beat the new 911 turbo tipronic's time in the manual stick version.
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote