View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 AM   #30
Bavarian Motorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusivecar
Traded my Elise for a Box.

A couple of tips:

1) Wash the car with the nose pointing DOWN the driveway! Or lots of water will pool in the rear trunk.

2) Make sure you get some kind of paint protection like the 3M clear stuff. After ten minutes of driving the car will be specked with paint chips especially on the rear quarters from rocks from the front wheels.

3) The heat and AC suck so top off motoring on some of the cooler days will be out. Get handy with putting on the top quickly as it can be a pain in the ass in an unexpected downpour.

4) Be prepared to ALWAYS keep the car above 6500 rpm as the car seems to go nowhere under this. But once over 6500...watch out!!!!

5) Because it is a true track car you will hear EVERYTHING rattling and snapping and shaking, and you will FEEL everything. No...the car is not falling apart...it just sounds/feels like it.

Thats all I can think of now since having mine for just over a year. I had expected to use it as a car for the street and never on the track. Unfortunately I was dissapointed since I could never fully use the car as intended. Although the COOL factor was definitely there! Good luck and congrats!

Thanks for the tips. This example does have the starshield.

I have to be extra careful about how I drive it, how I park it, how I go over bumps, etc. I realize this and accept it fully.