View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
larez2

It's about 320 miles. Traffic is the terrible going from San Diego to Vegas on Friday afternoon and evening. I would avoid driving to Vegas from SD at that time if at all possible. You shouldn't have any problems coming back on 11/7 since it's a Wednesday.

There is a little section where you can take the 215 to bypass part of the 15. I think it's a few miles more but I almost always take that route.

I think it's a boring drive by yourself though since it is basically straight. More fun to bring someone along! There are some sections where you can air it out and let it rip for sure, just be safe and wary of the highway patrol. There seems to be a lot of them near temecula, barstow, and victorville and all the bigger towns. There seem to be a lot of rice rockets near victorville and barstow, so don't be suprised when one tries to race you when you're passing through

If you're in no rush to get there, stop by Temecula for some wine tasting, or Perris for some sky diving/veritcal wind tunnelling or hot air ballooning. At the very least have a burger at Bun Boy and ride the roller coaster at Whiskey Pete's in Primm.

Have fun and safe travels,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote