View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
ultimate1

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
I have always wanted a Pantera. I did a lot of research on it for several years and it was a thought last year when I decided to buy my Boxster. The reality is that parts are not that expensive and hard to find. The parts are still made by de Tomaso and can be had for a reasonable price. QPorscheQ is right on about the transmission and engine. Engine and tranny parts and repairs are easy to find and not astronomically expensive. I gave it some serious thought as I located one in Fort Lauderdale that seemed to be in great shape. The problem with these cars are rust and one could easily spend $25 to $30k on what seems to be a deal. Unfortunately many of these cars will or eventually need a frame off restoration and that is not cheap. The really nice ones that have had this work done and have been fully restored will go for at least $50 to $60k. If you are planning on going for a fully restored car then that is the way to go as far as an investment is concerned. If you are looking for a functional daily driver with all of the modern amenities that you can enjoy with the top down then go for the Boxster.

One thing about the Pantera is that you have got to experience that type of power coming from behind your seat. It is a pretty amazing machine and a lot of people don't know this but the Pantera was also designed by Marcello Gandini who is famous for some of the most memorable Ferraris and Lamborghinis that trade for 6 figure and up prices today.

Last edited by ultimate1; 07-08-2007 at 08:36 PM.
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote