View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
KevinH1990

Is the car difficult to start after you fill it up? I had some of the same symptoms you described, but based on your report mine were a bit more severe. My car would be hard to start and then stall several times.

I had a CEL for the Mass Air Flow sensor. After replacing that I had another CEL for the evaporative system. That required the replacement of a hose and check valve in the evaporative system. Since then, I haven't had a problem.

The technician who repaired my car warned against overfilling the gas tank. Basically he recommended that I stop fueling as soon as the pump shut off automatically. Apparently topping off the tank wreaks havoc with the fuel system. I'm not sure I understand how that causes a problem, but I've followed that advice and haven't had a recurrence of my problem.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote