View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
John Y

[QUOTE=socalsharky]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JB
The cd changer plays non-mp3 burned disks with no problem. You can burn cds from i-tunes and play them with no problem, not sure what format i-tunes puts them in my kids are the i-tunes gurus. Between the 6 cds in the changer and one in the dash you get well over 100 songs at the highest audio quality.

1JB--Thanks much for the info. That is good news. I was afraid that the CD changer wouldn't played CD-R's

My main goal now is to get a satellite radio unit hardwired into the 987. Has anyone done this, either directly to the head unit, or possible through the CD changer? The sirius web site lists three ways to direct connect their receivers to your car stereo:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=FlexContent&cid=1173752921558

1. Cassette adapter
2. FM Direct Adapter
3. Direct via Aux or line in.

Obviously, option 1 is not available on the 987. Option 3 would be the best, but does the head unit have a line in or aux? Any thought on option 2?

TIA, socalsharky
Check with your local dealers - many of htem around here advertise Sirius installation for new Porsches on their websites, recognizing the money to be made from the demand for Sat radio, and Porsche's half-assed approach.
I don't know how they do it technically, but my dealer even has a flyer of optional extras they'll charge you for before delivery, an one of them was a Sirius set-up.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote