View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #17
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Boxter,

Maybe I have come to the point that I just don't expect much from high-end sports car companies. My car is one of several Porsches in the family and never have any of them shown the same type of wear and tear even though the same family members drove them all.

Porsche sells a high-end sports car, a car that is meant to be driven hard and also a car that costs lots of $$$ to keep properly maintained.

The way I look at it is if you (anyone, no one specific) is going to buy a high end vehicle you should know that you WILL be shelling out lots of money to keep it in proper working order and that means changing brakes.

If we were talking about Mercedes, Lexus, BMW then that would be a different story. Those cars are driven different and it would be VERY strange to have the brake pads and rotors go out that soon.

In this particular case I can see why Porsche won't accept responsibility. The gentleman who is trying to make the claim is not the same person who put 14k miles on the car. Maybe if the original owner were involved it would be a different story.

My personal experience on my car is that my front brakes go out right around 10k miles (Currently have 52k). Should I blame the dealer for this every time I have shell out close to $600 for brakes?

What happens if this gentleman does in fact have Porsche change the brakes for him at no cost and then winds up needing brakes again at 10k miles? Does he blame Porsche again?

I really believe that it is driver oriented and that it has nothing to do with a bad set of rotors. Correct me if I am wrong but I have not heard of any cases which state Porsche was/has been using defective brake components.

That is just my personal opinion. With all due respect if this gentleman does get a free brake job then more power to him. Not trying to bash anyone and I do hope RCRACER comes out with a deal that is satisfactory to him. I just think he might be expecting too much.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3