View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #32
David_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueillusion97
Thats nice...im wondering as well how comfortable are they?
The seats are way more comfortable than the stock seats. Since I just traded the Boxster in, I put the stock seats back in. My back was killing me sitting in those. The GT3 seats are harder to get in and out of, but way more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
David how much does that car trailer cost?

Also since you dont plan on selling your boxster soon you could sell your old seats kinda cheap, put that money in a money market or mutal fund making 5-10-15% a year and make some good money if you would have just kept those seats in your basement for 2-3 years
I don't remember the exact cost, but it was a little over $10k.

I'm glad I didn't sell the old seats. I just put them back in the other night so I could trade it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro
Those seats look great! Would you mind answering a couple of questions?
1) Did you need to unhook the seatbelts, and if you did, how did you keep the airbag light off?
2) Any idea on the weight savings over the stockers?
3) Cloth vs leather: during auto-X, do you get any sliding around on the leather?
Thanks
You reuse all the stock seatbelt parts. No airbag light at all. Just unbolt the parts from the stock seats and bolt them to the new seats. The harnesses for just for racing. With the harnesses on, I never had any issues with sliding around on the track. You are strapped in and can't move. Was nice to not have to worry about trying to keep your body from moving. Made it so you just had to concentrate on driving.

-David

2001 Boxster S (sold)
19" SSR GT3 - Cross coilovers - Custom Magnaflow exhaust - B&M Short Shifter - EVO intake - GT3 Seats - Hardtop

http://www.emeraldcitycustoms.com/images/box2.jpg

1986 Carrera (sold)
David_J is offline   Reply With Quote