View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 AM   #9
topdown

@mikefocke - you're right of course. I guess I was just thinking it would be sort of a PPI replacement. BTW, where are you from? I was born and raised in Hampton. I'm going to be in the east coast area the first week and a half of July.

@Perfectlap - I'm with you and I always said I'd never own another black car but since the neighbors do a good job with keeping theirs clean, I started reconsidering. I also agree it's not the best deal around but our selection is limited. I attached a scan of our local newspaper classifieds from today (www.estipes.com, electronic European edition). In addition to those 4, there are 2 at www.cars-intl.com (which is the official outlet to us for US spec models), 1 at www.usmilitarymart.com and the one I'm considering. Lots of German spec models but since the euro is at least 30% stronger than the dollar it makes them ridiculously expensive. Here's a local Porsche dealer, the site is also partly in English: www.porsche-regensburg.de. The one I'm looking at appears to have the Litronic headlights but I just noticed it has an aftermarket, I believe, exhaust so maybe it was driven hard. Anyway, if it doesn't work out there's a saleman ready to deal on a new 2007 RX-8 or I could look at a BMW.
topdown is offline   Reply With Quote