View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
topdown

Question I'd like advice on this 2001 Boxster S

Hi all,

First post here although I've been hanging out reading for a while. It's a great forum and I've learned a lot and seen a lot of great cars here!

I got the Porsche bug after driving them all weekend in Leipzig last August and think I might have finally found an appropriate first car. It was traded at the American side of the Wurzburg BMW dealer. It's over an hour away so I haven't laid eyes or hands on yet and I should have more details on history and options tomorrow. What I do know is it's had some paint touch up on the scratches in front, 59000 miles and was driven some in the winter. Based on Randall Neighbor's fantastic guide for newbs, I've emailed a laundry list of questions to the salespeople and anticipate an answer tomorrow. If the answers appear favorable I'll test drive it and if that goes well I'll probably ask that they have the 60000 mile service performed and count that as a quasi PPI. I'm thinking that since I'd have to perform it soon anyway, it would be out of the way for some uninterrupted summer driving and would uncover any major expensive faults that I could use to negotiate final pricing. My biggest concern so far is the rusted exhaust tips - no doubt due to winter driving and lack of good cleaning. I've bought from this dealership before and they did a good job detailing before I picked it up.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback you have and thanks.
topdown is offline   Reply With Quote