View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #13
Grizzly

Warped Sol,

You and I are about the same size (well, I'm about 20 lbs heavier, but I'm working on it). I drive my car to work, about 35 miles each way, on nice days. It's very comfortable and well behaved in traffic. More importantly, I drive it to our farm every weekend, 150 miles each way, and it's a really nice little road car. It has a comfortable ride, nice road feel, it's responsive and well balanced.

Coming out of a Honda, I'm sure you are concerned with maintenence. Well, it's not a Honda. Though I have had excellent luck with my car since the day I got it, if you search around this forum you'll learn that these cars do break...and when they break, they break big. The way around this little inconvenience is to find a car with a warranty, or to buy an extended warranty. I regard the possibility of an expensive repair as the price of admission for driving a Porsche. I thoroughly enjoy the car (originally purchased for my wife, but I drive it most often) and I seriously doubt that I could get anywhere near this much enjoyment from a Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

Oh yeah, and I get about 28mpg highway, if that's a concern.

One of the members here put it perfectly a couple of weeks ago, It went something like this...If you're buying with your head, buy the Honda. If you're buying with your heart, buy the Porsche.

I'll tell you that at 5:00p, I drop the top, wind that little sucker up and all the stresses of the day just melt away...I sure wish I'd brought it with me today .
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote