View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #12
Middle Age Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_d
Let's be somewhat fair here.. Most folks already know what a Porsche is and know they can go to a dealer to get a close up and buy one. Also consider that at many of the "smaller shows" it is the local dealer group, and not the factory, that participate and Porsche has been able to reign in the non factory owned dealerships to do what "they" say and not the other way around.

Also realize that Detroit is no longer the automotive center of the world. So.. neither is their show. The big "$$" that buys porsches is on the coasts.. not the midwest. Sure, for the "locals" it is another slight. But beyond those in Detroit or who would go to Detroit, in January, in doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

The Detroit Auto Show is HUGE and draws from Michigan, Ohio and a large portion of Southwestern Ontario (where I live). Hey...its cold here in January and we have nothing else to do! Most manufacturers are represented there, but anyone who has walked the show knows that American Big 3 takes front and center. You are right though....this area does not buy many Porsches relative to the US coasts, as the figures they published for Michigan sales shows. It looks like Porsche is taking the money saved from this and other shows they intend to pull out of and directly target the potential customer/repeat customer through other means.

I guess I will need to travel to Toronto now for my winter fix of Porsche's auto show offerings!
2007 Boxster S 6 spd manual,GuardsRed/BlackTop/Sand Full Leather,Sport Design Pkg.,19" Carrera Rims w/color crest,Sport Chrono,Adaptive Sport Seats, WindStop, Smooth Leather Steering Wheel/Center, Aluminum Painted Roll Bar, Porsche Crest in Headrest,Factory Sand Mats
Middle Age Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote