View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 AM   #5
pauldee

Smile

I drive my Boxster to work everyday in the summer. Nothing has broken yet. It's weird how some people seem to have had all of the usual problems occur to their cars, and others of us have had none. Get a mechanic that you trust (preferably one who knows what can go wrong with a Boxster) to look it over carefully. If he can tell you that the car is clean and has been well maintained, that will go a long way toward your peace of mind. I was really gun shy at first, but when a Porsche mechanic marveled at the condition that my car was in, and couldn't believe that it was a '99, I felt a whole lot more confident. You think your 300 turns heads? You ain't seen nothing yet. I've had people asking me about the car when we were stopped at a red light, guys gather around it at the beer drive thru, a kid taking a cell phone picture of it, teen boys flag me down and ask for a ride, and I've been followed into a parking lot by a guy who wanted to know what kind of car it was. The Boxster guys have coined the term "permagrin", for that grin on your face that you'll have all the way home.
pauldee is offline   Reply With Quote