Thread: Racing Fuel
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
MNBoxster

Hi,

You usually won't suffer any ill effects, but if you're already using good gas, you won't see any appreciable benefits either.

A local station here is tied directly to a local refinery (Ashland Oil), and so they get the refinery's production overruns of Racing Fuel. When this happens, they'll heavily discount it. When they do this, as they did last week ($2.50/gal.), I usually fill up my Boxster and Esprit. The cars will run argueably a little smoother, but power and acceleration remains the same.

Without the overruns, it's normally priced a little above $5/gal., so I switch back to 93 Octane.

One caveat, there are usually only a few stations in town where it may be available. And, especially in the Midwest, they often use their underground Tanks seasonally, that is, they pump Racing Gas from them in the Summer months and usually Kerosene from the same tanks in the Winter months. So, you don't want to purchase it immediately after the switchover. I usually wait a month or so before I go looking for it to assure that any remaining Kerosene has been purged from the tanks. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote