View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 05:55 AM   #9
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Porsche986,

I can accruately predict when I need to set an appointment for a service. The amount of miles I drive is like clockwork. I did set my first appointment 3 weeks in advance and somehow I was dropped. I was on pace to put about 20-25k on it this year alone. Therefore I would be at the dealer more than once a year.

Never had a problem with the Boxster.

I just needed specific accessories added to the car that proved to be pulling teeth to get.

I ended up ordering the rear speaker kit online, the dealer said its not available for the 04 when I bought the car. Now they realize it is the same kit offered on the 97-03 Model.

Next I needed the inserts that go in the bottom of the b-pillar area to secure my speedster humps. They are the same as the ones used for the hardtop. Its has now been 5 weeks and I still don't have the parts.

Bottom line, just wanted the Boxster serviced early, due to autocrossing and driving it like one should, I didn't want to wait to 15K for service. Even though I'm horsing around with the Boxster, I still take care of it. My appointment for service vanished twice, causing 2 wasted trips to the dealer. Instead of owning up to their mistake and chisel me in to service, I was forced under protest to reschedule my appointment.

The other was wanting the wheels balanced. I'm really sensitive to steering vibrations, because its really annoying on long trips. I do spend a lot of time in the Boxster.

They dropped the ball ordering a tire when it went flat. The last is trying to order the right pieces for the Porsche Tech Equipment Speedster Humps, where no one knows exactly what the inserts are and what they look like. They are identical to the hardtop installation kit. I had to show them on PET what they were and now have the correct parts ordered.

Other little buzzes and rattles I have handled on my own, no big deal there.

There were many opportunities to make things go much smoother over the past 5 months, but just didn't follow through. I didn't have this much hassel from any of my other 3 cars combined.

Yes, the Boxster is not just I car and it is a statement.
It also makes a statement when you have one of the finest cars in the world but the dealer is second rate.

I was very patient with the whole experience, but it did not get me anywhere.

David
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote