View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
lancelot092466

Dead Battery, but different...

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of post about dead battery, apparently Porsches are hard on batteries. But here is an interesting circumstance.

The background. I purchased my first Porsche in April of this year. A 2003 base Boxster, manual, arctic silver with about 42000 miles. It was love at first curve! I have driven it every day since and twice on Sunday! My commute takes me through the back roads in the hills of NJ and I could not think of a better car do it in when it is sunny. Anyway, last Friday i have the standard 1 hour commute, I get home, park the Box in the garage and hop in the pool for a well deserved dip. After about 45 min to 60 min I get out of the pool and decide to get pizza. Hop in the Box, turn the key, engine barely turns over once and does not start. Heart skips a beat...turn the key again this time all I get is a clicking noise. I take the key out and the oil gage light and the battery light stay on. Needless to say I am distraught. After a night of crying in my beer, well more beer than crying, I call 1-800-PORSCHE for some advice and consolation.

I am now sitting waiting for the service guy to come and boost the Box. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just a dead battery or could it be a bad alternator?
lancelot092466 is offline   Reply With Quote