View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
Ad Sach

Adjust your air pressure - I like 33 front , 35-36 rear for my 02S.

Bring a camera.

The Boxster is a perfect "drive what you brung" car, so there really isn't much preparation needed - besides the tech inspection and helmet - and on the East Coast a Fire Extinguisher.

Mentally - I subscribe to the rule, if it feels really exciting on the track, you are driving beyond your abilities. Like a good roller coaster, once you get off the track you realise how excited you were and wonder where the 20 minutes went. You will do better driving smooth than driving fast (expect to hear this a LOT on track day)

Remember Boxster's Rule! Once you are on the track you will discover your brakes are a lot better than most of the cars out there. Your cornering is better than almost everyone else (I believe it was an 030 S that was the #2 fastest stock car in the world through the slalom- second only to the McClaren F1) . This means that if you are following an older 911 be prepared for them to brake ridiculously early. If you are passed by a 996TT on the straight, expect to catch up with them at the exit of the next corner. I am not saying your should TRY to outcorner them, I am saying becareful not to ACCIDENTALLY outcorner them and have to slow way down in the middle of a curve.

Overall, relax and enjoy. Your instructor will tell you what you need to know.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote