View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
Why not just get the 987 Boxster and add the hard top. That way you can still have the look and feel of both cars. Here is an image of a 987 with the longer extended hardtop now availible. Makes it look just like the Cayman. Only made in Europe, but you can have it shipped here to the U.S.
Here's the problem... there's still a convertible top under it to maintain and keep in good condition should the car ever be sold.

Moreover, anyone who's got a hard top of any kind on their boxster had better take notice that leaving it down and covered year after year stretches out the cables in the sides of the top and makes it really loose fitting and hard to close properly. I know this from personal experience. My car had a hard top on it for a number of years before I bought it and my top looks great, but fits like crap.

And one more thing... why would I pay big bucks for a new 987 and then pay a whopping $8k for this top just to get a Cayman S style boxster? It makes no financial sense to me...and I do not care about the top down experience any longer.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote