View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Strike 3,4,5...at Dealer = Boxster for Sale

No need to go into a long drawn out fuss session as I have in the past about my dealership experience with a new Porsche.

My 2004 Boxster is a beautiful and amazing car that gets better with age. I love the car for what it is and how it performs. Unfortunately what sours the whole ownership experience is the extreme difficulty to have simple things done to the car or accessories order from my local dealership.

I live 10 miles from Tom Williams Porsche in Birmingham, AL. Anything that I needed quickly for the car I have to take it to Atlanta to have it done 170 miles east of here. I did manage to chisel in an early service here in Birmingham, but not without some difficulty.

I'm beyond the point of absolute frustration with the Dealership and Porsche. Letters were written, no follow-up from either party, therefore I'm done. I love the Boxster, but it just isn't working out for me here in Birmingham, AL.

I am selling my pampered 2004 Boxster and I wanted to find it a good home.

It is a 2004 Porsche Boxster Base Model w/ 8,400 miles
WPOCA29814S620641 - German Built

- Guards Red
- Black Top (glass rear window)
- Black Standard Leather Interior
- Black Mats - Porsche Lettering
- M490 Hi Fi Sound System
- Cruise Control
- Becker (OEM) Rear Speaker Set
- Body Colored Roll Bars (Red)
- Complete Porsche Wind Deflector Set
- Onboard Computer
- Matching Speedster Humps (TechEquipment) with storage bags
- 18" Carerra Light Alloy Wheels, no blemishes, w/ colored crests
- Pirelli P-Zero Aysmetrico (N4) Tires, 90% tread remaining
- XM Satellite Radio (XM Commander via FM Modulator direct connect inline with antenna)
- 3M Clear Bra protection on hood, fenders, mirrors, door handle area and headlights. The Clear Bra will not alter the color of the paint underneath and it can be removed easily if desired.

This car is immaculate, no dents anywhere, body is clean, interior is perfect.

Top was maintained with the Porsche Top Protectant to repel water properly and stay clean.

I have had the 15K annual service completed early @ 7400 miles about 3 weeks ago. All 4 wheels were rebalanced and the car runs glass smooth.

This Boxster stickered at $49,145

I'm asking $40,000 for it.

It still has 43 months and 41,600 miles left on the factory warranty and roadside assistance.

I can e-mail a copy of the Maroni Label (window sticker) and additional pictures upon request.

I can be reached anytime via cell phone at 205-999-4367
or e-mail me at: DDAllenDesign@bellsouth.net

Being an active member of this board has helped with the experience. I will remain a member and have another Boxster sometime in the future. I appreciate everyone's advice and input over the past 6 months.

Sincerely,

David Allen
bamaboxster
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote