View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #13
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
The cars are simply too small to do daily duty on the highways with 4 ton SUVs.

Tell her to get a VW Eos, Audi A4 convertible, BMW 3 series or Z4 if she doesn't want to be cool and buy a Porsche.
Respectfully -1 on these comments.

I don't TELL my sister what to do, I offer advice and let her make her own decisions. She's an intelligent person and an adult. I'm also tired of everyone thinking they have to drive an M1 Abrahms to be safe. If you live your life in fear of something that might happen, have you really lived? No sports car is going to come out a winner vs an SUV. Based on the safety issue, how can anyone justify driving a convertible sports car? Road rash on top of the cranium isn't pretty.

Alex, offer the following advice to your sister. Explain to her a car like an MR2 (or Boxster or Eos or whatever) comes with extra responsibility. Put the cell phone down, take out the iPod earbuds, and drive defensively. Assume cars around you don't see you, never drive in someone's blind spot, and always anticipate a bonehead move. Also be aware of the cars around you. The blind spots on an MR2 are just as bad as the Box. I drove my MR2 for 4 yrs as a daily driver and never had any problems but the words above saved me several times.

Also forgot to mention in my earlier post that the MR2 has a harsh ride. If your sister has not driven one, she may be unpleasantly surprised by it. I imagine the expansion strips and potholes of Chicago could literally become a pain in the arse.

I hope your sister finds a car she enjoys.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 06-04-2007 at 08:21 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote