View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
Suz

Talking MR2 vs BOXSTER

WOW! Glad to see MR2 noted in here someplace! :-) I sold my 1995 turbo MR2 to buy my 2004 Boxter. I owned and loved 3 MR2s and the '95 was my favourite. Fabulous car, excellently maintained (I kept a spreadsheet on it's maintenance) and sold it for nearly 20k with 92k miles on it to a collector in Austin. I still love that car.....Well, when I was 6 or 7, I sat in my cousin David's 911 and vowed to own a Porsche one day. I did the math on how long my beloved MR2 would last and figured I would be in it at least another 20 years....so I sold and got the 2004 special, #145 of 1953. It had 15k miles and it's first mileage check up (the 15k maintenance) which I split the cost on with the then owner, and I drove it from New Jersey to Dallas. So far....I am just under 25k miles, I have had no worries....At 19k, the dealership, when detailing it, noticed the mail engine seal leaked and replaced under warranty. And without looking at my spreadsheet, I want to say the beloved MR2 had an engine seal replaced too....around 60k miles or so. But the car so far "acts" like the MR2 as far as seeming to be well built and solid and ready to go! It is obviously much more muscled and sounds beautiful.

I am planning to get 350 out of this engine...guess time will tell.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote