Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Video Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
Automisery

YOUTUBE CHANNEL with a Cayman S and a 928

I've always liked Porsche and never even touched one when I went out and bought two used ones. I bought an 8 year old Cayman S and a 36 year old 928. I didn't mean to buy two cars I was just making deals on both and somehow got them both. I had never even touched a Porsche and now own two of them.

I'm a poor man's YouTuber with a channel that only has 22 subscribers. See the cars and me fumble through Porsche ownership here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-4-FbiKTTKniuxFIM_GjAg

Automisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Just watched episode 2. Before Gretel tries to kill you again, I would first have the clutch fluid bled, if that doesn't work, then replace the clutch slave cylinder. If you do experience another clutch pedal to the floor incident, don't reach down to pull it up. That's a recipe for an accident. Safely pull off the road, pull it out of gear, then reach for the clutch.

There are lots of DIYs available here and on Pelican Parts, including how to bleed your brakes and clutch. Worth looking at them rather than dropping $200-2000 ea time to your friendly mechanic when something needs fixing. If you're not sure if you're doing it right, ask someone with knowledge to watch while you work.

Keep an eye out for a Mahogany Brown 2014 Boxster. I just sold one to a nice, early 60s lady in Columbia a few wks ago. If you see her, tell her Terry says hi.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 11-08-2018 at 12:20 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
928 , automisery , cayman , porsche , youtube