Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to 9fourteen
Anniversary Edition with Cocoa Interior?

I've started my search. I have decided on a 2003 S based upon my budget and info I got from this site.

I came across a "2004 Porsche Boxster S Anniversary Edition" on a dealer site. It says it has a cocoa interior. There were no pictures of the car and it is not a dealer in my city so I can't just stop by and see it. Anybody got a picture of of this color interior? Also what is the Anniversary Edition and does it have anything special beyond the typical S model?

And one other question, how come on this site a 914 isn't an option to choose for a porsche you own?

thanks

Don

9fourteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
boggtown

The anniversary got a 987 intake (unofficial), silver brakes, red brake lights, wheel spacers, and other special little things. If its in your price range I say go for it, the cocoa is a cool interior though.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to iJeremy
If it's in the budget, these are pretty cool cars. Nice to see something different...

iJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #4

04 SE has 266hp while 03 S has 258hp.
Interior upgrade(silver+chrome+cocoa+SE badge), Cocoa top, GT silver exterior, Painted Wheels, Red tail lights etc. Very nice.

I personally think 03 is currently the best value among 986 though.

Last edited by jinijazz; 02-05-2007 at 08:45 PM.
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #5

Don: I never saw the Cocoa interior either. I'm 2.5hrs from any dealer and none of them had one. There was a car in FL but I didn't think the Seal Gray with Cocoa provided enough contrast for me to even buy a plane ticket. I got a call from a dealer in Cleveland (Porsche of North Olmstead - great people to work with) who had just taken in an 05, 997 Arctic Silver with Cocoa full leather. I flew in and it took all of 90min for me to get on the Interstate.

(...the only thing this car was not: it was not GT Silver. I love that color. Your prospective car would be my choice of the bests-of-all-worlds but I needed a larger car for touring.)

Of all the leathers - this is the first one that, too me, looks like leather rather than the matching plastic trim in the rest of the cabin. We have a Metro Blue Boxster interior I like but this Cocoa is like real leather.

I did a posting of some pics of the interior being careful to keep the color as true as I can see on my iMac (may vary on a PC). Anyway, here it is:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=322682&highlight=cocoa

Good hunting.

j i m
jims-garage.com
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #6

thanks for all the info and pictures. I think the color looks great and I agree with Jim's comments about it looking like real leather. I like the marbled look to it. It also looks good in contrast to the silver.

I sent an email to the dealer asking about the car and just got some generic email back. I'll give them a call to see if they actually have the car. I never trust an online inventory that might be out of date. The price is out of my budget but not too far. I think for the uniqueness of the car it is worth the extra $$.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
bmussatti

9fourteen, the Cocoa leather is very-very nice!

What P-dealer in Ohio (I assume Ohio) is showing the car? White-Allen??
Old 02-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #8

not in ohio. The car was in Indiana. Tom Wood Porsche in Indy. I say "was" becasue I just called them and it "just sold yesterday". Unfortunately I have very low trust in anything these dealers say and my first thought was they left that car on their site as bait.

No big deal though. But I think I am hooked on that car though. I was sortof looking for something unique and that color combination definately is. I'll just keep searching and hopefully something will come up. A local dealer has a 2002 S, Artic Silver with Metropol Blue interior. I test drove it last weekend. Not real fond of that blue. The price was right though. They had a price of $34K on the window but the guy threw out 28K when I told him I didn't like the interior color. Probably come down a little more without much effort.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
bmussatti

9fourteen, I will send you a PM with some info that may be helpful.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9fourteen
thanks for all the info and pictures. I think the color looks great and I agree with Jim's comments about it looking like real leather. I like the marbled look to it. It also looks good in contrast to the silver.

I sent an email to the dealer asking about the car and just got some generic email back. I'll give them a call to see if they actually have the car. I never trust an online inventory that might be out of date. The price is out of my budget but not too far. I think for the uniqueness of the car it is worth the extra $$.
I like this aniversary eddition too, except the top color is also Cocoa. I think it looks like chocolate brown in color. For me, a black top is the only way to go. My favorite thing about this eddition is the induvidual nubering in the center console. It says the number and "550 Spyder Aniversary Eddition." Makes you realize how close they were trying to make the Boxster look like the old Spyder. I have a DVD that shows the inside and all of the extras.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #11

I considered swapping my 2000S for the 550 SE. But decided it would be a better deal if I waited a little longer. I sat in the car back in 2004 in the dealer show room and it the interior pics don't do the car justice. It looks very very sharp.
Chrome accents, the leather looks very rich and painted cluster and console give the appearance of a very high end car.
I didn't care for the darker colored wheels and non-red calipers but that's an easy fix.
I'm sure they drew allot inspiration from this car when they pulled together the cocoa/silver CaymanS. Very similar look.

I think if the car is well maintained it could become valuable in 20 years or so. Its the rarest example of a historic car for Porsche. Kinda like a 1973 911 RS.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #12

I did a quick check on Auto Trader.

There are 6 for sale in the US : 2k - 28k miles for $38k to $50k !

Great looking car, but I think I would rather have a new one for that price...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #13

Anniversary Edition

I bought my Anniversary Edition late last year and love it.
joecristofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #14
Porschephile

Joe,
Still have this car? Please tell me more about it. Thanks,

-Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecristofaro
I bought my Anniversary Edition late last year and love it.