Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #1

Finaly I introduce myself and my car

I got my car last summer from the PCA president in the Sacromento region. This car was immaculate and very well taken care of. Im a full time premed student with a college budget but with some smarts and connections I tastefully upgraded my ride.

hope you like.....

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps

Last edited by Stunin_Stud; 12-27-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #2

Congrats - your ride looks awesome. Have to say I'm jealous. When I was FT in college, I had a bike.

Welcome to the fam!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #3

yea me and my housemates are total car nuts. our garage consists of my car, the green audi a4 in the pic, which has a genuine RS4 kit on it and fully moded. my other housemate has an 00 911 C2 aerokit with full carbon/leather interior and gt3 rims. my other housemate has a BMW e36 with full suspension. we do all the mechanical and building work ourselves.

stay tuned for a product that we are developing that will blow you all out of the water. this is a mod that is cheap, quality and you will all want it. thats all i have to say so stay tuned and follow my post
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Old 12-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
welcome to the board.

porsche....quality...cheap.... those dont go well together
what are you making?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
boggtown

super long sig.... but cool car. Not a fan of the yellow, but thats just a preference. Take a pic of the GT3 console delete por favor. I dont think ive seen that.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #6

IMO deleting that colsole is just less space in a car w no space to store anything
this is the GT3 delete

Old 12-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #7

yea i will shorten my sig, hey im new i got to learn the ropes. anyways the gt3 console delete was a hard choice. at first i personaly was not a fan because it made the dash look like a truck dash but heres why i decided to like it:

-most sport cars that are meant for handeling lack a lower console(mclaren f1, ferrari 355,360, lotus elise.) this is because the driver is moving in the corners im guessing,

-im tall and mostly legs and my leg always rested up against the side of the console and sweat.

- since the console is held by hinges and made of hard plastic, it creaks when pulling into driveways and flexes under stress.

-it makes the interior seem more spacious and if you have pedals or nice mats , they will be more visible.

-yea now i dont have a spot to put my phone, but other than that storage is not an issue for me since i keep my stuff in the door side and rear console....we have 2 trunks remember! as for my phone i will get the ash tray delete and put it there.

I will try to get pics as soon as i get back from vacation.

also since our upper u-shaped console looks different than the 03+ and 996, it looks better with the delete. the one in the pic is the 996 u shaped and it gives it more of a truck like look.

to adress other things, heres why i got yellow....

i have been shopping for this car for a year (last year)....and i really wanted black but later i thought that the details wont show and it would look like a blob. silver was not an option cuz it reminded me of earlier boxtsers and i used to have an 03 silver GTI so i didnt want the same color. so i thought red or yellow would be nice. if i had seen a white one that would have been great too. my deal for a red one fell through, and this was the best deal, the cleanest(concours quality) and it was yellow so it wasnt that bad. yellow does get alot of attention but hey im 21 better get looks now then when i get a bald spot. if i wanted to be stealth i would have gotten a 3 series bmw, but im not a bmw guy (those guys annoy me, thinking they know it all)

Last edited by Stunin_Stud; 12-28-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:39 AM   #8
FIG

Looks nice Stunin!

*Suggestion*

color code the vents (behind doors) to yellow IMHO anyways
FIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #9

yellow is a very nice choice man, when i was looking for a porsche i wanted soemthing that is not common (so that excluded black,white and silver), i really wanted red again, but after having a few red cars i decided that its the biggest cop magnet out there. but my GF saisd no way to yellow, she called it a yellowbird, and i didnt want to drive something that my own GF doesnt like, i personally love the color but at the time there wasnt really any deals on one. wheni saw the jade i was like woa and fell in love w it so i had to have it. i spent couple of days and endless hours on the phone w the seller and different shops that were inspecting it.
good luck and enjoy it, no matter what color the porsche, its a porsche

Old 12-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #10

welcome to the club,

We have a similar car except mine is 99 boxster with aerokit I. I look forward to seeing your mods...

Happy holidays.
2fast2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #11

I too would like to introduce myself

I'm RTG and I'm a porschecoholic...Season greetings everyone.
speedyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #12

looks wise im looking for a Gemballa front bumper and aerokit 1 sideskirts. I think it would look great! aerokit 2 makes our cars look chunky and front heavy. aerokit 2 sides look better on the 911 and make our cars look flabby. thus the subtleness of aero 1 sides and gemballa front with my rear diffuser would be cool. the only problem is the aero 1 sides are hard to find and gemballa is hard to find and 3 grand.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #13

speedyellow:

Welcome and nice ride. I've seen a couple of SY 987s on the road here in SD, and thought you might be one of them, but I see you're in LA.

That's an interesting Porsche reflection on your front bumper in the pic, but I'm curious what's the source? Your pic is almost "to-scale" of the car iself !

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #14

that is a cool reflection, but arent the reflections usually inverted like a mirror kinda effect?

Old 01-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #15

Red face Porsche reflections

Low placement of garage door sensors plus room mate made a nasty scratch on the front bumper. I had a custom made sticker fit to cover it (dead center) . These bumpers are really soft.
Thank you for your replies.

p.s. I love yellow they match my teeth.

speedyellow is offline   Reply With Quote