View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
Stunin_Stud

yea i will shorten my sig, hey im new i got to learn the ropes. anyways the gt3 console delete was a hard choice. at first i personaly was not a fan because it made the dash look like a truck dash but heres why i decided to like it:

-most sport cars that are meant for handeling lack a lower console(mclaren f1, ferrari 355,360, lotus elise.) this is because the driver is moving in the corners im guessing,

-im tall and mostly legs and my leg always rested up against the side of the console and sweat.

- since the console is held by hinges and made of hard plastic, it creaks when pulling into driveways and flexes under stress.

-it makes the interior seem more spacious and if you have pedals or nice mats , they will be more visible.

-yea now i dont have a spot to put my phone, but other than that storage is not an issue for me since i keep my stuff in the door side and rear console....we have 2 trunks remember! as for my phone i will get the ash tray delete and put it there.

I will try to get pics as soon as i get back from vacation.

also since our upper u-shaped console looks different than the 03+ and 996, it looks better with the delete. the one in the pic is the 996 u shaped and it gives it more of a truck like look.

to adress other things, heres why i got yellow....

i have been shopping for this car for a year (last year)....and i really wanted black but later i thought that the details wont show and it would look like a blob. silver was not an option cuz it reminded me of earlier boxtsers and i used to have an 03 silver GTI so i didnt want the same color. so i thought red or yellow would be nice. if i had seen a white one that would have been great too. my deal for a red one fell through, and this was the best deal, the cleanest(concours quality) and it was yellow so it wasnt that bad. yellow does get alot of attention but hey im 21 better get looks now then when i get a bald spot. if i wanted to be stealth i would have gotten a 3 series bmw, but im not a bmw guy (those guys annoy me, thinking they know it all)

Last edited by Stunin_Stud; 12-28-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote