Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #1

She's Alive! (Again), Now with Snails and A Hardtop!

Well I tore her down and rebuilt her, added a couple turbos and a hardtop. Just need to finish the plumbing for the water that'll run in the intercooler. I probably should have taken pictures now that it is running but I was too excited and didnt yet. When Im on the lift again I will.

18x9 Front 18x11 Rear Wheels
Twin-Turbo LSx Boxster :troll:
Lcrivers816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #2

How difficult was it to do the front end? How much did it cost ? Major frame mods?
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA_G20 View Post
How difficult was it to do the front end? How much did it cost ? Major frame mods?
It kind of sucked because i had to fiberglass/glue the headlight trays to the fenders as well as the gas door pocket. Because it's fiberglass and although it's a really good fit its not perfect (mainly the gaps at the door). my buddy did the same kit but sent it to the body shop to get done (they'll make the gaps all the same size and whatnot) I just did it myself, I'm not really trying to do a crazy show car or anything like that so I'm not that concerned on the gaps. No frame mods only thing you need to do is cut the sides of the reinforcement to the same size as a 997.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #4

looks awesome man!
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:12 AM   #5

Wow! That might be the most powerful boxster yet. Twin turbo LS, what like 700hp?
Old 10-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #6

Cool build, which LS and how much boost?
2001 986 S (parting)
2015 981 (sold)
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #7

Thank you for the kind words! Would be sweet to have the highest HP Boxster. Right now, I have enough injector for about about 600 wheel horsepower over the winter I'll probably pull the injectors and go bigger. There have been many that have hit 900+ will the trans hold? There's only one way to find out! Haven't got around to finishing up the water lines for the intercooler because I just needed a break from the dang thing haha I would work on it about 8 hours a day after work M-F and 10-12 hours on weekends. (it basically held my friends lift hostage for a few months, it was supposed to be a two week deal where I swapped the motor I had the turbos and turbo stuff lying around and then you know how it goes).

I still need to work on the intake setup. I'm trying to get some ducts to work in the side vents. I tried some AC soft aluminum duct and while they didn't melt they did collapse. =( Hopefully today I'll be getting her on the lift and trying some semi rigid ducts if that doesn't work I'm just going to slap some filters on it, avoiding that because super hot air from the engine is all that is going to feed the turbos then.

As for how much boost, I'm running a crazy 0.5 pounds of boost haha. I have a leak somewhere and I'm totally okay with that I'm literally enjoying just puttering it around breaking it in and avoiding breaking it. Ill be checking the piping today too once it's in the air.

Once it's all good and no leaks I'll probably be shooting for about 20 pounds give or take another motor. The LS motor I'm running is a 4.8 Silverado motor. Reason being is the short stroke. I'll be spinning it to 7K+ basically keeping the RPM to match what Porsche had the transmission originally at.

Last edited by Lcrivers816; 10-05-2017 at 08:54 AM.