Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifth_element
Nice front bumper. Have you resolved the air bag light issue. I have the same problem. the airbag light just came lit on my '01 S. I contacted Porsche Dealer in Fremont and they told me they had to run full diagnostics, possible change the seat buckle and upgrade the entire air bag module? all this for "just" 1,500 to 1,700 bucks! ouch!!
they also told me if the airbag is the problem, they would have to replace it, but it is not just a simple code reset. as one thinks.

Keep us posted.
My airbag light came on several weeks ago and the dealer ran a diagnostic on it for $0 and determined the airbag was OK and functional. The light was on because Porsche's of earlier years had tin contacts on the seatbelt harness connectors and they go bad over time. New harnesses with gold connectors were offered for $750.00. I decided to pass on that for the time being. They did reset the light but it came back on after a day or two. I just live with it for now.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #22

very nice..are you thinking of getting the rear wing to complete it? my airbag light was on after getting some audio work done..they took it to the dealer to have it reset......

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote