Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #81
Porschephile

Much improved look IMHO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomikaze View Post

Last edited by Tomikaze; 05-20-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Tomikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:56 AM   #82
Porschephile

Can I not delete one of my own posts on here? Weird.

Last edited by Tomikaze; 05-20-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:12 AM   #83
Porschephile

Definitely a more precise shifting feel. Going to have to get used to the increased effort. Not quite S2000 perfect but getting closer.

QUOTE=Tomikaze;561961]The parts just keep rolling in. Come on Springtime!

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #84
Porschephile

This makes me want to replace more of the boring black parts with this color.

Quote:

A 911 part finished in graphite gray from the factory. Just to change up the look a little.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #85
Porschephile

Call me a poser but...

I've always thought this sticker was cool. Found someone on Rennlist selling them...

Last edited by Tomikaze; 05-23-2019 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #86
Porschephile

Installed...

Quote:
Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #87
Porschephile

Center Console Paint to match

Haven't updated this in a while so here's what I've been up to. Attempted to DIY. Spent hours on sanding and prepping. Time consuming but no issues. Laid down several layers of good primer. No issues. Paint was a disaster. I'm picky so fish eyes and runs in the paint wouldn't fly. Sand back down. Prime and try again. I ended up spending enough on paint that it would have cost me the same to bring it to a body shop in the first place. Lesson here is if you have metallic paint this can't be professionally done with a rattle can. Bring it to a body shop. $200 later I had this and it was perfect...

Last edited by Tomikaze; 12-17-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #88
Porschephile

Center Console Delete

Finished off the painted console with the GT3 console delete kit.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #89

Garage
Looks great
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #90
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Finished off the painted console with the GT3 console delete kit.

Looks clean with the delete.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #91
Porschephile

Hardtop

Added a hardtop this summer and never removed it once. I drove around trying to convince myself I was driving a Cayman. Actually just like the look and the fact you don't see many Boxster Hardtops.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #92
Porschephile

Leather Dye from Color Plus

While the car was in storage this winter I took the seats and seat belts out. Should have taken some before photos but I didn't. My graphite gray leather wasn't too bad. The drivers seat bolster had signs of wear. No cracks in the leather itself but cracks in the dye covering it. So do I risk dyeing the entire seat so it all matches or just that bolster? Will it fill the cracks? Will it look OK? Pondered these questions for a while and then settled on Color Plus. Explained the seat wasn't too bad and made some suggestions for me. Anyone with Graphite Gray knows these seats show the dirt pretty easy. First step was a citrus based cleaned that was SUPER concentrated. Did a great job cleaning the leather. They actually looked a shade brighter after this step. Next was the conditioner. Then the dye. Started on the inter portion of the seat bottom so in case it looked horrible I would stop. To my surprise... one light coat of this dye and IT LOOKED NEW. Had it color matched to a piece of leather off my dash so the dye actually brightened up the seat and I swear it looks like factory fresh leather now. The photos don't do justice. Ended up doing the entire seat. It blends very nice. No swirl marks. I put it on with a micro fiber cloth. The one bolster that had wear looked almost perfect just wiping one light coat of dye over it. Very happy I took the plunge. The seat on the left is the finished seat. The one on the right is untouched. Last step is to rub it down with a microfiber cloth and it will remove some of the sheen. haven't done that yet. You can see the right seat is a shade or two yellower (dirtier)

Old 04-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #93
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
While the car was in storage this winter I took the seats and seat belts out. Should have taken some before photos but I didn't. My graphite gray leather wasn't too bad. The drivers seat bolster had signs of wear. No cracks in the leather itself but cracks in the dye covering it. So do I risk dyeing the entire seat so it all matches or just that bolster? Will it fill the cracks? Will it look OK? Pondered these questions for a while and then settled on Color Plus. Explained the seat wasn't too bad and made some suggestions for me. Anyone with Graphite Gray knows these seats show the dirt pretty easy. First step was a citrus based cleaned that was SUPER concentrated. Did a great job cleaning the leather. They actually looked a shade brighter after this step. Next was the conditioner. Then the dye. Started on the inter portion of the seat bottom so in case it looked horrible I would stop. To my surprise... one light coat of this dye and IT LOOKED NEW. Had it color matched to a piece of leather off my dash so the dye actually brightened up the seat and I swear it looks like factory fresh leather now. The photos don't do justice. Ended up doing the entire seat. It blends very nice. No swirl marks. I put it on with a micro fiber cloth. The one bolster that had wear looked almost perfect just wiping one light coat of dye over it. Very happy I took the plunge. The seat on the left is the finished seat. The one on the right is untouched. Last step is to rub it down with a microfiber cloth and it will remove some of the sheen. haven't done that yet. You can see the right seat is a shade or two yellower (dirtier)

Looks great! I also used the Color-Plus products on my ‘03 with great results. I had previously used a competitor’s products, which looked great initially, but didn’t hold up. The key to the Color-Plus (beyond following the instructions faithfully) is the conditioner - apply it liberally, let soak overnight, and dry thoroughly before applying colorant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:21 AM   #94
Porschephile

Red Belts... check.

$75 a belt from SafetyRestore.com. Very happy with the results.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:09 AM   #95
Porschephile

Upcoming track day

Getting her ready for an upcoming track day. Battery was showing some signs of age. A day off the maintainer and I got a questionable start. Time for an upgrade. Did my research. Decided on the Odyssey PC925. Save close to 30lbs off the anchor I bought the car with. Only downside is you need an adaptor to lock it down and just to be sure I bought a new maintainer with a specific AGM setting.

Last edited by Tomikaze; 07-20-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #96
Porschephile

Old 07-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #97
Porschephile

Cool Carbon Pads

Stock pads have life left in them but were disappointing last time I tracked the car. The BMW guys like Cool Carbon pads even if there isn't a lot of positives about them on this forum. The price point was attractive made even better by a flash sale at Pelican. I will report back on how they perform.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:47 AM   #98
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Stock pads have life left in them but were disappointing last time I tracked the car. The BMW guys like Cool Carbon pads even if there isn't a lot of positives about them on this forum. The price point was attractive made even better by a flash sale at Pelican. I will report back on how they perform.
Let's make sure we continue to provide context for your assessment of these pads, by reminding readers that you found the stock pads performed well for you at the track.
I'm just saying that most people find the stock pads terribly inadequate for track use, and using them as the bar by which we judge other pads makes that relevant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #99
Porschephile

Sorry for confusion. I DID NOT find the stock pads adequate. Hence the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Let's make sure we continue to provide context for your assessment of these pads, by reminding readers that you found the stock pads performed well for you at the track.
I'm just saying that most people find the stock pads terribly inadequate for track use, and using them as the bar by which we judge other pads makes that relevant.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #100
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Sorry for confusion. I DID NOT find the stock pads adequate. Hence the upgrade.
Ah, sorry. I understood that you were satisfied but there wasn't much left. My bad.

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote