Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #21
Damn Yankee

Garage
One more track day this October, then only rallies and PCA Maverick Sunday drives after that. She'll still be my DD though.

TO

TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #22

Arena Red was the color on the Boxster that I saw advertised that got me searching for Boxsters earlier this year. Definitely one of my favorite colors so far. I told my wife that original Boxster I saw back in April is actually still for sale. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it, either way I need to find the time to go and check it out.
redciv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #23

Paint matching?

I am planning to respray my front bumper and hood due to numerous stone chips. Normally, red is hard to color match. If anyone has resprayed select panels, was the body shop able to match the color to the rest of the car? Thanks.
Alfieg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #24
Damn Yankee

Garage
Stepped over the other side of the law today and removed my front license plate and holder. Installed some homemade bumper plugs and painted the front vents with black truck bed liner. Touched up some small rock chips and debugged the front bumper cover.

The end result is very different than before. I know I'm risking a "no front plate" ticket, but I don't think it's enforced that diligently here in the DFW Metroplex.

One of my buddies is a local police officer, and he doesn't run a front plate on his Corvette Grand Sport. When I texted him to tell him I was ready to turn myself in to the authorities, he advised me to remove the rear plate also, and just floor it if a LEO attempts to stop me. Anyone ever try this?

Before

After

Next I'm going to make a homemade tow hook plate holder, so I can slap my plate on quickly if I'm going out in the boonies through the "revenue generating" towns.

TO
Old 10-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #25

Garage
^^^^^^You rebel you Tom, welcome to the dark side! At least you didn't go and put a "fictitious" plate on
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #26

The day I bought 'er.

Paid more than I wanted, but the color combo made me fall in love. Has the grey and black interior.
Dzl210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #27
Damn Yankee

Garage
Nice lookin' Box, but that's not Arena Red.

Post a pic of the white label inside your front trunk lid, and we'll be able to tell you the factory color.

I'm guessing it's Orient Red.

Just sayin'..........

TO

Last edited by TeamOxford; 10-29-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
Nice lookin' Box, but that's not Arena Red.

Post a pic of the white label inside your front trunk lid, and we'll be able to tell you the factory color.

I'm guessing it's Orient Red.

Just sayin'..........

TO
You know, you're right.

Dzl210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #29

This Arena Red color is pretty sexy in all honesty. All of your cars here looks just as good as new for some reason. Great care givin'. Amazing to see in fact

Keep those sweet Boxster cars happy!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #30
"Not even when it rains"

'99 Boxster / 2.5L base / Arena Metallic Red

Attached Images

PlusOne_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
"Not even when it rains"

'99 Boxster / 2.5L base / Arena Metallic Red / black interior / 18" Sport Classic II rims / fun as hell to drive!!
Attached Images

PlusOne_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:42 AM   #32

Garage
homemade bumper plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
Installed some homemade bumper plugs and painted the front vents with black truck bed liner.
TO
Tell me about the bumper plugs. The holes in my bumper are bothering me. Thanks
ugatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:24 AM   #33

Hi folks here is my '99 in Arena Red with Black interior
99Bxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #34

Garage
Two weeks old

Picked my 98 up in New Orleans two weeks ago. Lovin it!

[IMG]$_4 (1) by donh20001, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by ugatha; 11-22-2014 at 07:11 AM. Reason: typo
ugatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #35
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugatha View Post
Tell me about the bumper plugs. The holes in my bumper are bothering me. Thanks
Here's a thread detailing how to make homemade ones:

Bumper plugs for $1.04...

You can also buy professionally made ones from BumperPlugs.com.

TO
Old 07-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #36

I've had a few boxsters to choose from as they came into my salvage yard. One would come in and I would say to myself "this will be the boxster I'm keeping". Then a nicer boxster would come in and then I would make it the boxster I'm going to keep. That's until I got this arena red boxster on Friday. This one was too nice to part out, so I've decided to make it my personal boxster. It only has 52,000 with the black leather interior package and rear speakers. All this time I've been waiting for the right boxster, I've been collecting parts. I have the following.
Hard top
Short shifter
GT3 bumper cover and side skirts
Rear wing
03 rear bumper cover
clear headlights (future projector upgrade)
tinted taillights and side
996 cluster
Headers and either a dansk sausage or Chinese made aftermarket muffler(need to see which one I think sounds better)
18 inch wheels (forget brand but they look like Fiske)
coilovers

I sold the motor already and plan on jumping up to a 3.4 as soon as I can afford/find a good one
Old 07-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #37

Garage
You're right! That's way too nice to part out. Which brings up how'd you come across it? You sold the engine, was it running? If so why did someone let this go to a dismantler? Fantastic score and sounds like you have the parts to customize very nicely! Congrats!!
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #38
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
... That's until I got this arena red boxster on Friday. This one was too nice to part out, so I've decided to make it my personal boxster...
Congrats Woody! Finally. Two years waiting? Great choice, beautiful color especially with the dark top.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
You're right! That's way too nice to part out. Which brings up how'd you come across it? You sold the engine, was it running? If so why did someone let this go to a dismantler? Fantastic score and sounds like you have the parts to customize very nicely! Congrats!!
Thanks. I buy them at the insurance auctions or people come to me. The immobilizer got wet and that's all that was wrong with it. A lot of boxsters get written off by the insurance companies because of that. The insurance companies list them as flood damage and that scares off a lot of buyers. I threw in a spare immobilizer into it and it started right up. We had some heavy rains here in Texas a few months back and there's a wave of flood damaged porsches coming up right now. Some look like they've been sitting on the bottom of a muddy river and then some look like this one. I'm picking up another one tomorrow that looks almost as clean. I had to sell the motor out of this one to keep the money ball rolling. I can't afford a whole car right now. That, and I really want more power then a 3.2!! Once my bank account bounces back, I'll find a nice 3.4 to put in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Congrats Woody! Finally. Two years waiting? Great choice, beautiful color especially with the dark top.
Thanks. I originally was going to fix up an ocean blue 97. Then it was a base black 03. Both had 80,000+ miles and both needed almost a complete overhaul (someone had shot the 97 through the cluster). Not a big deal when you own a boxster salvage yard. I had almost all the parts to convert them to an S too.
The arena red isn't my favorite color, but I can live with it. I'm brainstorming the idea of a two tone paint job. I'm thinking about having something like this but without all those lines
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/kbristol6/p01a.jpg
Old 07-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #40
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
...I'm brainstorming the idea of a two tone paint job. I'm thinking about having something like this but without all those lines
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/kbristol6/p01a.jpg
I picked up some "Anthracite Metallic" wrap that I may try on my Black 99 frunk and trunk for a similar two-tone. It's easy enough to remove if I hate it. I suppose that you have some body parts of various colors that you can just swap directly.

78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote