Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #1

Garage
Like Father, Like Son

Spent some time with my Pops today. He's always had the sickest cars from Corvettes, Cameros and Mustangs. He's gone European now...all of a sudden lol Dad

99' 986 Porsche Boxster - Glacier White/Black interior, 19" ALT Miro Type 371 Wheels, ROW M030 Kit, RSS 7mm Wheel spacers, Smoked Depot Brake lights, Smoked 3rd Brake light, Bosch Smoked side markers/headlight corners, Desnorkeled, Modified Air Filter, Carbon Fiber door sills, Plasti-dipped side mirrors/air ducts, debadged rear, black hood crest, Keyhole delete, Much more to come, stay tuned...
Touch The Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I almost bought a Z3 before the Boxster, but was not impressed with the rough ride or performance (nor the dealers asking price).
Is that a Z4? Either way, they look nice together!
Always wanted to try out the Z4...
Old 01-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks man! Ya its a Z4, fun car but the front end is a bit long for my taste. I'm tryin to talk my Dad into a P car.
99' 986 Porsche Boxster - Glacier White/Black interior, 19" ALT Miro Type 371 Wheels, ROW M030 Kit, RSS 7mm Wheel spacers, Smoked Depot Brake lights, Smoked 3rd Brake light, Bosch Smoked side markers/headlight corners, Desnorkeled, Modified Air Filter, Carbon Fiber door sills, Plasti-dipped side mirrors/air ducts, debadged rear, black hood crest, Keyhole delete, Much more to come, stay tuned...
Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch The Icon View Post
Thanks man! Ya its a Z4, fun car but the front end is a bit long for my taste. I'm tryin to talk my Dad into a P car.
Let me take a wild guess, he only buys white cars?
Slate 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #5

Garage
I have a 2007 Z4M Coupe - great car! But wow, a lot to handle. There was a great episode of Top Gear where they compared the Boxster S to a Z4M Roadster. Both have their strengths, but at the end of the day, the Boxster is WAY more fun to drive. Not as powerful, but I've never scared myself in the Boxster :-)
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
Let me take a wild guess, he only buys white cars?
You guessed it! Oddly enough its rubbed off on me too. I've now had a white H3 Hummer, white Tahoe, white 4 Runner, and now the 986.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
I have a 2007 Z4M Coupe - great car! But wow, a lot to handle. There was a great episode of Top Gear where they compared the Boxster S to a Z4M Roadster. Both have their strengths, but at the end of the day, the Boxster is WAY more fun to drive. Not as powerful, but I've never scared myself in the Boxster :-)
The M is something special. Enjoy
Old 04-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #8

Garage
Talking about father and son...... My share!
Jholhen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #9

HolmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #10

Garage
I was thinking about a z3 for awhile, but then I saw Ace and Gary's car (ref. SNL cartoon...look it up for a good laugh) and realized that I didn't want to be seen driving that.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #11
Gone

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
I was thinking about a z3 for awhile, but then I saw Ace and Gary's car (ref. SNL cartoon...look it up for a good laugh) and realized that I didn't want to be seen driving that.
Ok- I looked it up and this is what I found

Davev is offline   Reply With Quote