Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2003, 02:42 PM   #1

Question Lapis Blue Header Shot

Here's another possible photo for the site header... though we should probably also show a lighter color car up there for a while! Charlie, I think a nice shiny red car w/a recent GT3 console delete might look good up there ;-).

My 2001 Boxster, Lapis/Black/Black. 17" Boxster wheels, PSM, upgraded CD stereo/radio with PCA-986-KIT rear speakers, etc. Still ~7K miles young, but getting its legs and heading for our first DE event shortly!

donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 03:57 AM   #2

Talking RE: Lapis

Donv, nice car. But your image has to meet certain dimensions so it doesn't mess up things in the header.

296 pixels width by 120 pixels height is about what works the best (which kind of implies a shot from the side).

If you can come up with an image with those dimensions (or very close to that), I vote changing out the image for August with one from Donv.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:26 PM   #3

Talking I love the smell of tires in the morning!

...and the really cool sounds Porsches make when they're driven really fast...

I doubt this will fit the header, just sharing the shot of me (and the car) having fun at Watkins Glen race track last week with a PCA DE event.

Driving the track was a real blast (and I had a great instructor) but it is definitely a high-stakes game -- someone trashed a 924S by spinning it into a corner during the event. He came out uninjured and seemed pretty cool about the loss, but it was certainly not a nice way to end your day . Another participant was nice enough to trailer the car home for him though...

Last edited by donv; 08-04-2003 at 07:30 PM.
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:16 AM   #4
Regional Moderator

That's a great picture, Don! Sounds like you had a great time.
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 07:03 PM   #5

Nice "lean...."

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote