Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #1

Subwoofer Box!

In my ever long quest for my car to please me I have now tried my second subwoofer box. This one is staying. My last custom one did not fit any more due to the cayman engine cover I installed to make my 996 motor fit in the right place. So... I took a gamble on a ebay 987 passanger footwell Bose subwoofer. It came in today. I was already wired for a sub, I have an aftermarket amplifier in the frunk so all I had to do was hook up 2 wires to test it out.

I removed the stock Bose amp that comes strapped to the woofer box and just connected my two speaker leads to the correct terminals. I have about 140watts going to it. The bose amp is 100watts I think. Let me tell you, it fits perfect, you don't lose barely any footwell space and the whole damn thing was only 175 minus the amp I already had. I'm guessing you could use the bose amp if you feel like figuring out the wiring. I left the carpet color beige when I put it in so that you all can see exactly where it fits. I did have to secure it with a bolt and nut. I drilled a small hole through the small carpeted piece below the radio in the footwell and put a fitting in. All and all it is sweet and really cranks. Really! I will be painting the carpet black to match. Any questions let me know. I will be searching for the upper trim piece to finish it off. The upper trim piece also has a spot for an addition outlet/lighter plug.

Foot space

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote