Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #1

New Porsche owner!

Purchased a 2000 Boxster about 10 days ago. Have done a lot of reading around here in the past two weeks while purchasing and getting to know this car so thought I would post an intro and thanks to all of you.

Short story : Was casually looking for a second/commute car and starting to focus down to Miata, MR2, Boxster, etc... Saw a well presented Craigs list ad for this very clean looking car a few weeks ago and had to go see it. 52k miles on body, 15k on dealer installed warranty replacement engine. Garage kept with avg 2k per year for the past 10 years. Found Porsche mechanic to do PPI and only issues found were torn rear CV boot and non-Porsche coolant. Finished deal that same day. Everything works in this car as if it were new. Previous owner was more of a polisher than a driver and it shows. Wheels were replaced a few years back with the Porsche 18" BBS Sport Design wheels offered as an option on this model. Just a beautiful combination with the Arctic silver / black car. Had same mechanic do the CV boots yesterday and I am set for a while. Mechanic groaned when I told him the color! Why do these people keep buying silver cars when there are so many better colors says he!

This is a super fun car and looking forward to years of great driving. Pics to come if I can find the time to do anything but drive it!

Cheers. Richard

teleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #2

Welcome! Pictures!
cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #3

Congratulations! Would love to see pics.
Was there a reason for the replaced engine?
kelvin38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #4

Garage
You have to give us some Pics! Congrats and enjoy! I had to have my CV boots on my 2001 replaced as well.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin38 View Post
Congratulations! Would love to see pics.
Was there a reason for the replaced engine?
According to the service records and memory of owner, the original engine was in shop a few times for multiple oil leaks during his first couple years of ownership. He picked it up at 22months age and 30k miles. AOS and RMS were changed but problems persisted so Porsche did a goodwill warranty engine replacement at 37k in 2005, after the warranty period. The part number ends in BX so is apparantly a remanufactured engine. According to my Porsche dealer, this means that the block and head are used and most if not all moving parts were newly installed.

I have been meaning to get underneath to pull the engine serial number and get the full story from Porsche if possible.

Sorry, pics coming after I wash it! Just too hot today here.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #6

Nice light this morning when I got to work and silver shows no dirt ;-)

Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #7

Garage
Very nice! Love the wheels!

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote