Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #1

Silver 98

I haven't really posted any pics since I've been on this board, thought it would be a good time to add a few since I've added a few things to car since I bought it last fall.
Car has been lowered an inch, depo clear tails installed, 19" Carrera Classic's (sure makes those brakes look small!) Some GT3 style sides, (Have a GT3Tek rear lip I still need to install and hunting for a Aero style front bumper)

Interior, not much as I really like the stock look, just a few small touches. Illuminated shift knob, gauge trim rings, relocated HVAC and added cup holders (not shown and they are completely useless) removed the sun visors.

Really enjoy the car, it's nice that a 15 year old car can still turn some heads.
Anyway..on to the pics.
Cheers

58ceramicgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #2

Nice car! Those classics are the best looking 19's on boxster so far. Did u need spacers since they are for 997?
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 AM   #3

Thank you!
I believe these are replicas, no spacers required, fit right on with plenty of room to spare.
I should have snapped a pic of the backside to get all the markings off them. Next time I pop them off do that. (and weigh them to settle my own curiosity, when I pulled off the stock 17's I was surprised at how close the 19's felt in weight)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #4

Clean ride!

What lowering springs/shocks are you using? And do you have any rubbing with the tires and inner fenderwells?
3point2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #5

Springs are H&R, shocks are oem (will see how long they last but so far so good, ride is great!)
No rubbing at all anywhere. Tires are 225/30/19's up front and 265/30/19's in the back. The fit on the rims is perfect, plenty of clearence at inside of all four corners.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #6

Where did you get the headlights? They don't look stock. Great looking car! Love what you did!
navyc130fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #7

Thanks! Headlights are the litronic units. Great lights, really happy with them.