Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Boxster Picture Game Thread 2012

Let's try and see if we can find a good home for this where people will see it and participate.

Spring is here, and for anyone who enjoyed, participated, or was even the least bit curious about it last year, the Boxster Picture Game Thread is back!!!

Please note, there are some changes. The main one being that pictures must be taken specifically for satisfying the challenge. Previously taken photos can no longer be used. Please take the time to go through the rules again to ensure that you've been briefed.

The idea is simple: You take pictures of your car(s) in a certain setting or a funny/unique situation.

The first one to get it right wins a point and then presents the next challenge for others to meet. Everyone can try to do the challenge but the first one to get it done wins. I’ll be keeping track and going by forum timestamps. Points are basically for bragging rights, something for you to throw in your signature, maybe.

Example of the process: "Boxster in front of an office building" - You take the picture (NOTE: it must be a picture of YOUR car and you’ll have to go out and shoot it specifically for posting here. We're going on integrity here, so let's keep it honest.) In your successful post, you then present the next challenge for everyone else to try to meet. YOU MUST POST THE NEXT CHALLENGE IN BOLD IN YOUR SUCCESSFUL POST. If you do not do this you will not be awarded the point and it will go to the next person with a successful post unless you edit your post prior to theirs. Again, I will be checking timestamps.

Please don’t make the requests too outrageous or specific to where people will be unable to do them, or risk doing something dangerous/illegal. This is supposed to be for fun, and we also want the game to be able to continue, not get stalled because someone says “Picture of a Boxster doing a barrel roll.” (though I do have a picture of a Prius' failed attempt at one)

Alright, so by the numbers:

THE RULES - PLEASE READ
1) No photoshopping, so obviously this also means no requests that would require photoshopping. We're going for real pictures.

2) Please only post pictures of YOUR Boxster, meaning you will actually have to go out and take a picture to post in this thread. Yes, you have to do a little work for your points...or have a buddy who's great with a camera and enjoys running around with you to play this game. You must take the picture for posting in this thread. No previously taken pictures will be accepted.

3) No duplicate requests - let's keep it fresh, I’m sure we can all think of something different.

4) If you are the poster who meets the picture challenge, please put your next request in a BOLD font under your picture so it's easy to find.

5) If the challenge isn't met within 48 hours of posting, the person who put the challenge up then has 24 hours to complete the challenge themselves. If they cannot complete their own challenge, they are docked one point and then must pick a new challenge. Choose wisely and be prepared to meet your own challenge if needed.

6) No challenge is to be made that involves any of the following:

* illegal activities (this includes, but is not limited to: guns, drugs, street racing, thievery, etc).
* currency (the participants of this game will not be limited to those with immediate access to large amounts of funds)
* Destruction of one's own property, the property of others, or any piece of public property

The list could go on and on, so let’s use good judgement and do things in good taste. Again, this is supposed to be fun while being challenging.

7) Do not specify model/type/year/color requirements for member vehicles(i.e. base Boxster, Boxster S, 986/987, MY99, etc.). We want anyone and everyone on the forum to be able to participate in this game. The type of Boxster you own does not matter, just that it IS a Boxster meeting the challenge requirements. However, specifying something else (like taking a picture next to a brick building, a red sedan, a yellow lawnmower, a pine tree, an empty boat launch, etc.) while not getting too specific, is allowed. Simply say "A Boxster...(followed by the challenge specifics)".

8) Once a challenge has been satisfied, the user who met the challenge should post the picture in the Boxster Picture Game Thread for confirmation.

9) Please do not quote someone's post with the picture in it so we don't see the same pictures multiple times. Instead, refer to the post # so that we can keep things organized and uncluttered.

10) If you wish to dispute someone's meeting of a challenge, refer to their post # and give a reason for disputing their accomplishing the requirements by the rules. Keep it concise and don't start an internet fistfight about it. PM me if necessar, but do make sure to put a post in the thread so that there is record of the dispute.

Please let me know if there are any additional rules or changes that members feel would be beneficial to keeping this game going.

Moderators, if you are going to move this thread, I would appreciate some notification in advance and some reason given. There was no issue last year, and I'd like for people to be able to see this thread and enjoy the friendly competition...and some pictures of nice cars.

Good luck, and have fun!

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I guess we'll start things off similar to last year. First challenge:

Boxster in a driveway

GO!

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #3

dewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
dewolf, did you just go outside now to take that picture? I hope you read the rules.

Nice E39, btw.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #5

so what is the next one?
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
dewolf has not answered whether or not he took this picture at that moment to post up here, nor did he properly post in the next challenge. As far as I'm concerned per the rules I wrote, anyone else can go walk out to their driveway right now and make a proper post to get the point.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
We still need a Boxster in a driveway picture to get things started! Who's getting the first point?

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #8

have to say not the prettiest pic but someone has to move the game.

BOXSTER AT THE BANK.

Last edited by Bmod986; 04-09-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #9

Post deleted.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 04-09-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I'm inclined to agree with Spinnaker here, Bmod986. That ends up becoming a model specific request, and we can't do that. Please go back to your post and edit the challenge.

And Spinnaker, if you could please remove the spare tire challenge from your post once Bmod986 has made their change, this will help to avoid any confusion afterward.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #11

Sorry about that didn't know. So new challenge.

BOXSTER AT THE BANK
Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #12

Boxster Pic Game

Grabbed this on the way home not knowing if anyone had satisfied the challenge yet. Looks like its on me, so I'll come back with the challenge I laid out before.

A Boxster by a Fountain
Attached Images

AZCanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #13

Fountain Challenge

Photographed at a mall area known as The Fountains.

Next Challenge: Boxster in front of Electrical Substation
BlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
BlueStar, we're about an hour away from the 48 hour mark since your challenge posting. At that point you will have 24 hours to supply your picture of a

Boxster in front of Electrical Substation

to retain your point, unless someone manages to complete your challenge before then.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #15

Electrical Substation Challenge

In completion of my challenge, here is a photo I just took for the substation a few blocks from my house.

Next Challenge: Boxster in front of Police (Sheriff) Station
Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Point retained. Ok, folks, on to the next challenge:

Boxster in front of Police (Sheriff) Station

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #17

Police Station Challenge

This photo defends my second photo challenge. C'mon guys, let's have a little more participation and competition. I'll make the next challenge pretty universal.

Next Challenge: Boxster in front of any Mail (US or foreign) Drop Box.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #18

Mail Drop Challenge

This completes the mail drop challenge. I'll make the next one real easy. Let's see some new participants this time.

Next Challenge: Boxster at a Stop Sign
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
This photo defends my second photo challenge. C'mon guys, let's have a little more participation and competition. I'll make the next challenge pretty universal.

Next Challenge: Boxster in front of any Mail (US or foreign) Drop Box.
That's a police station ! What do they do in there, bake gingerbread men ??
Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #20

Hey Johnny D, pretty close. Windermere, Florida is a lot like Pleasantville, USA. Real nice town. How about grabbing a camera and joining the fun. It's pretty lonely on this thread.

Last edited by BlueStar; 04-18-2012 at 02:51 PM.