Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #21
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
I found her cold and wet in the backyard. I'm hoping my wife will let me keep her.
It's been a few months, how'd that work out?

Oh happy international woman's day. Yeah I know, I hadn't heard of it either until the radio mentioned it on the way in. I always thought Valentine's day was woman's day.

986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #22

Garage
Well here is my cat Russell aka: Kool Kat

Name:  Russell.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  56.8 KB
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_inquiry View Post
It's been a few months, how'd that work out?

Oh happy international woman's day. Yeah I know, I hadn't heard of it either until the radio mentioned it on the way in. I always thought Valentine's day was woman's day.

It's been a rough couple of months. My wife told me, "Either Snugglebuttons goes, or I do." I'm gonna miss my wife, but on the bright side, Snugglebuttons has turned out to be a very affectionate pet.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #24

My golden retriever (her name is Lady) goes most everywhere with me in either of our sedans (the Porsche just freaks her out, top up or down and she scratches the crap out of the interior so I don't take her around in it.)

This shot, with the sun coming in and making her look rather spectacular, is titled, "Our Lady of the Immaculate Self-Perception." Definitely one of my better iphone pix.

If you've never had a golden retriever, they spoil you with their disposition and you'll probably never get another kind of dog afterward. Of course, Lady sheds at least enough fur to knit another full golden retriever weekly, but it's worth it. We shall only have goldens for the rest of our lives.
Attached Images

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
If you've never had a golden retriever, they spoil you with their disposition and you'll probably never get another kind of dog afterward.
Yep, you are correct, Sir...wonderful dogs. In 20+ years of small animal practice, I've only had maybe 2 Goldens that I had to be cautious handling---and with them, it was due to fearfulness, not a dominant aggressiveness. I'm not sure that that can be said about any other breed I've ever handled. They smother you with their love, even post-vaccination!

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote