Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #1

Mile High Club

I was bored today, so I took a drive up to Mt. Rainier late in the day. It's about 80 miles from Seattle. I went up to Sunrise Park on the north side of Mt. Rainier National Park, elevation 6400 ft. So I went from sea level to over a mile up, in about an hour and 45 minutes. This is one of my favorite places to drive to. The East coast has the Tail of the Dragon, try the Sunrise Park road sometime, 15 miles of spaghetti. Got there just before sundown. The mountain looks so different when you are this close. Stuck around long enough to watch the moonrise too. How's that for a catch, moonrise at Sunrise. Watching the sunset from 6400 ft. is a treat. You can see the shawdows of the hills flood across the terrain like a wave at the beach washing across the sand. If you ever get to Washingtion State, give this place a drive. You won't ever forget the view.
Still can't figure out how to insert an image, so I'll just attach them.

Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
Carnut

Cool pics!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6
Cool pics!

Thanks, got the new digital SLR out and got some use out of it.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #4

Beautiful Photos

Loved your photos. Washington is truly a lovely place - I went to school there for 3 years and I could never fault the beauty of the state.

About 20 years ago I lived in Incline Village in NV and needed to drive my son to school in Reno every day (he was in a special school - it was a really good school!. He's probably an adult juvenile delinquent now, but not then).

Anyway, I used to drive our Carrera 4 up and down Mt. Rose Highway every day to get him to school and it was such a dream of a drive. It was the first time I owned a Porsche and I was stunned that people would literally pull over for me on Mt. Rose and let me go by. I wasn't being aggressive or following them too closely - it was just a situation where they would just get out of my way.

When I get asked why I drive a Porsche (Boxer) now, I just say I got used to a nice car.

blondegenie is offline   Reply With Quote